The Bulldog Byte

Filed under News

“Before Juliet” A Twisted Tale

Theater has been working very hard since the start of the new school year to prepare this new upcoming drama performance “Before Juliet”.

Death and Strife, along with the Chorus of Darkness, serve as narrators in this foreboding tale, the story of Romeo and his first love, Rosaline. Although their families have been at war with each other for centuries, the young couple are so enamored with each other, they are ready to defy their families and face the inherent danger. But Death and Strife will cleave their tentacles onto the dreams and aspirations of this mortal pair. Filled with moments of bittersweet tenderness and joy, the play unexpectedly turns dark when Rosaline betrays Romeo and arranges his death at the hands of his enemies. This highly theatrical piece gives the audience a glimmer into the depths of despair that consumes Romeo at the beginning of Shakespeare’s classic, “Romeo and Juliet.”

This stunning intricate performance will be have its debut October 5th at RCHS’s own performing arts center at 7:00 p.m. and will also be showing two more times October 6th at 7:30 p.m. and October 7th at 3:00 p.m. Come show your support and pride in our school organizations by enjoying a fantastic production.