The Bulldog Byte

Does This Fabric Match The Empire State Building?

At the Bulldog Byte we will always tell you the truth, and nothing but the truth. Scouts honor. So when we tell you that this year the Fashion Design students from class 3 and 4 are going to New York, we are being 1000% honest with you. As amazing as this sounds, it is all very true. These honored students are an elite class of sewing and color coordinating machines ready to tackle any adventure the Big Apple has to throw at them.

Lead by no other than Jill Jeffery, director of our Fashion and Design Department, and parent volunteers, these girls will be the jewel in the crown of NYC. They’ll explore all the city’s fashion wonders and experience many of its delights such as touring the Fashion Institute of Technology, seeing a Broadway show, and of course touring Times Square and the world-famous fashion stores.

Ms. Jeffrey said, I love travelling! I’ve been all over the world, I love to study cultures and I like to watch people such as see how they’d dress and what kind of food they like. Its one of the things I want the girls to see. Be observant, how different cultures interact everyday, how do they dress for work, evening, when they workout.” She continued, “I always tell them, if you have to opportunity, make it happen. There’s so much to the world then where you were are.”

Rebecca Lucas, the only junior coming on the trip this year, said, “I’m so so excited about this trip. I aspire to be fashion designer. For me, it’s the more of the experience to go with friends and my favorite teacher and definitely gives more of a grasp of what I’m heading into.”

As with any teacher, Lucas looks forward to the food in New York as well.

“I am so looking forward honestly to the food. It’s just that I want to go out there and eat. I like food. Food is life. But seriously, my goal is to make a new friend that lives in New York,” she said.

Jeffrey saw the way this trip could change the lives of her students after taking a trip to L.A. last year.

“I took about 4 kids, and it was a great experience to travel with them and open their eyes to places and ideas and things outside of Royse City. New York is a whole new story. It’s a great eye opener of foods and fashion,” she said. “I enjoy traveling with them and exposing to seeing history of fashion how it evolves. Our last trip was a great trip it was  good trip and even though when I was over it’s sad. The kids were so good and it was a really wonderful trip. And something that they will always remember.”

Jeffrey and her team of fashionistas will take the walkway into the true fashion world April 4. The Bulldog Byte cannot wait for them to come back for their follow up stories!

1 Comment

One Response to “Does This Fabric Match The Empire State Building?”

1. Jill Jeffrey on January 26th, 2017 9:43 am

Wow! I LOVED the article! Thank you! We are super excited about our trip!

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Does This Fabric Match The Empire State Building?

Opinion

“Mrs. Packard”

Showcase

An American Crisis

Showcase

We’ve got Spirit!

Showcase

Valentine’s Day: A Day to Love or Hate?

Showcase

Who needs PROM when you have MORP?

Showcase

It’s Finally Time for Finals

Showcase

Feliz Navidad

Showcase

Net Neutrality and You

Showcase

Senior Rumors Dispelled

Opinion

Before Juliet – A Review

The Student News Site of Royse City High School